Friday, September 28, 2012

"So, where is the seam?"

Today we had an electrician come in looking to have a 6 ft. 4 in. by 7 ft. & a couple of small mats made. The piece he had was a long runner that was only 4 ft. 5 in. width. We spent a brief time with him getting his dimensions and asking which direction he wanted the lines running when we fabricate the pieces. Gave him his price quote and got to work. 

 He was hoping to have the pieces done so that he could get them in place and start on other projects for the weekend. After about an hour-and-a-half, we finished the project! Two small mats & an area rug, finished with 1.25 inch polyester binding.

We were quite pleased with the results. As much as I would like to brag and boast about my carpet seaming skills, I have to say it was a tremendous carpet to seam with. The pattern made it simple to hide and the texture of the loop and cut-pile added dimension, which also helped conceal the seam. 

When he picked it up, I said "This was an AWESOME carpet to seam. I kept thinking, Boy, I'm good. But realize it's really just the carpet!"

As usual, we kept the pieces unwrapped to make sure he was happy with the final result and he says with a smile, "So... where is the seam?"  Which, quite frankly, I was elated to hear! 

I pointed out where the seam actually was. He nodded in approval. Then I packaged the pieces up and sent him on his merry way. 

This is just one example of how easy it is to make oneself feel proud. In this case, I was proud of the work I had done; although I can not take full credit, since both Dan and myself worked on the project. Dan did an excellent job at making sure the pattern fell where it should and did a great job cutting everything with a crisp edge. The crisp edges make seaming so much easier!  

It is business deals, such as this one here, that really end a work week right!
I will be leaving with an uplifted feeling, ready to take on the world!
(And by "take on the world" I really mean go home and do laundry and dishes... but this time it'll be with a smile!)


Picture of two pieces of carpet seamed together.
Challenge, if you can point out where the seam is, DWP Carpet Binding give you a FREE 3 ft. x 5 ft area rug!

View of finished seam from afar.


Thank you to everyone who stopped in to see us this week, for your binding needs!

Enjoy the weekend!
-The Team of DWP Carpet Binding

No comments:

Post a Comment