Friday, June 29, 2012

"Are You Happy?" - DWP's staff

Typically, when we have customers walk in for "service-while-you-wait", we make sure they are happy with the finished product. We ask them, "Are you happy with this?" To give them the opportunity to speak up, if in fact they didn't like what they saw. The usual response is, "Oh yes. That looks great." Which obviously would make us equally as happy with the final product.

This is just one example of the level of service we have here at DWP Carpet Binding. From there, it expands into explaining how we differentiate ourselves by quality of product and why the products we use are better. One-and-a-quarter inch polyester binding is used because it gets a better grab on the backing of the carpet and offers a crisper, neater look. Nylon thread, because even if you were He-man you wouldn't be able to rip it apart. Checking the sides for skipped stitching and making sure the binding is properly fastened to the carpet. All of these are factors that help us provide not only a quality service, but a quality product as well. Some folks are interested in learning about all of this. Some are not. For those who do show interest, we continue the discussion further; providing more answers to their questions of interest.

In other news:
Something horrible happened. A few months back I was asked by a good friend to make a custom piece for his daughter. Of course I was thrilled to do so. I enjoy being able to use my creative mind to make something special, for someone who is special. I underestimated the amount of time it would take me to finish the job, but was perfectly happy with the final outcome.
Custom Carpet for Mackenzie!

Que new puppy into the equation-
Custom Carpet chewed up by rambunctious puppy. [Sad face]
One day I visit my friend's house and he points to the carpet, which was now missing a few pieces. He had taken on a new puppy and the puppy went to town on my masterpiece. My friend was heart broken. At first glance I though "simple fix" then opted that I would fix it free of charge. Once again, I underestimated the job that entailed the repair. Although, I did come up with a solution. 4.5 hours of labor led me to the new custom piece.
Repaired Custom Carpet!f
Though it's nothing like the original, it still have the life and value of a dad who truly loves his daughter. Since I didn't have any of the original pieces left to make the repair, I chose a beautiful baby blue carpet to fill in the gaps, also adding in a lilac looped carpet, so that the once 3-toned carpet (four if you count the field carpet) is now a "well-balanced" 5-tone piece.

Below is a picture showing what was actually worked on.
Before & After
I had to add in more design to the original in order to get the new colors to fit in just right. I think it came out pretty good for a repair! I'm hoping the little one, Mackenzie, still loves it, as I know it means the world to my friend who ordered it.

Happy weekend, everybody! 
Enjoy the beautiful weather!
-The Team of DWP

No comments:

Post a Comment