Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beautiful Days & Bubble Gum!

With beautiful weather warming up our days & blue skies lightening our hearts I feel compelled to share something with the readers that has nothing to do with carpet binding!

Bubble Gum.

One of Dan's buddies jokingly bought him a case that contains about 850 gum balls. When I first saw this box I thought; "Oh boy, that's going to take up unnecessary space for a looooong time."  Little did I know how wrong I would be!

Every time somebody walks into our shop Dan asks "Hey, do you like gum balls?"
"Gum balls?"
"Yeah, I buy them buy the case. I eat about 50 a day!"

I observe as men in their 40's and 50's make their way over to the case of gum balls, seemingly unimpressed at first. They might pop one or two balls in at a time depending on how adventurous they're feeling. Then as I listen to what sounds like horses or cows grazing on sloppy wet grass, I see the same unimpressed faces light up with delight. The same 40 or 50 year old man is transformed into a young lad and a smile emerges! It's almost as if you can see them reminiscing about a summer day running with a friend down an immensely green, grassy hill or riding a bike around their childhood neighborhood. Then...

 ::POP!::
(a bubble popping, exploding onto the face of the person responsible for it.)
 
For just an instant, they don't know what it means to stress out over unpaid bills, or whether or not they've forgot to pick up Billy or Susie from school on time.

Aside from our excellent service & hard working nature, here at DWP Carpet Binding we offer a short escape from the real world. Even if it's with such small gestures as offering a gum ball...
Sweet, magic gum balls!

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OUR WEB-SITES:
http://dwpcarpetbinding.com/
http://www.etsy.com/people/kellygreencarpets

No comments:

Post a Comment